West Midlands Academic Health Science Network Patient Safety Collaborative, in association with Attrainability, is pleased to announce a series of two day human factors training for healthcare professionals in the West Midlands.
For many years, professionals have received high levels of technical skill training associated with their profession. However, research in a number of industrial sectors indicates that up to 80% of accident causes can be attributed to a breakdown in human interaction.
Are you passionate about patient safety? Do you want to drive change within your organisation by sharing the learning and be part of the solution? If so please apply to join one of the courses as follows:
- Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 September, 9am – 4pm, Hillscourt Conference Centre, Rose Hill, Rednal, Worcestershire B45 8RS
- Wednesday 5 and Thursday 6 October, 9am – 4pm, Bet365 Stadium, Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 4EG
This course will equip healthcare professionals to:
- Understand how and why errors are made, and how to avoid them
- Communicate more effectively
- Maintain team awareness
- Recognise early signs of error
- Reduce stress
- Conduct timely and effective team briefings
- Improve use of checklists
- Debrief for learning not blame.
12 external CPD points will be awarded for full attendance. To sign up for this free event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org without delay.