We wanted to mark this occasion by celebrating with our readers. We are proud to have reported on some key stories over the years that have affected our communities. There have been many highs and lows which have had our readers shocked and amazed.
The Asian Today was created to inform, educate and enlighten the South-Asian community and provide a platform to connect with the readers.
The publication has established a loyal and extensive readership through which we have cemented an important position within the community.
Over the last 17 years, our commitment to the South-Asian community has led to us being recognised as the main facilitator of inter-faith and community relations within the West Midlands.
The Asian Today offers readers an insight into local, national and international stories, entertainment gossip, lifestyle, special features, business stories and sports whether this is through the publication or on our website www.theasiantoday.com
The paper has been nominated & won numerous awards, which include:
- Nominated for Outstanding Contribution to Society at the Institute of Asian Businesses Annual Dinner and Awards 2014
- Nominated for Community Excellence Award at the Black Country Asian Business Association Awards 2014
- Won Best Publication of the Year at the Asian Media Awards 2013
- Nominated Best Publication of the Year at the Asian Media Awards 2014
- Won Best Publication of the Year at the UK Bhangra Awards 2014
- Won Best Newspaper at the Pakistani Music & Media Awards 2015
- Won Best Newspaper at the Pakistani Music & Media Awards 2016
- Won Best Publication of the Year at the UK Bhangra Awards 2018
In this issue, we go back and look at all the previous editions and have put together some of the front-page stories we have covered.
Throughout the month of September, we have been adding onto our social media platforms an image of the front cover of each issue with the #Celebrating250Issues
Thank you to all our readers for all your support as we continue to serve the communities for another 250 issues.