Geeta Aulakh murder: Family speak of ‘living in a nightmare’


Family break silence as Detectives appeal for witnesses

THE FAMILY of murdered Geeta Aulakh who was brutally murdered last week have revealed they are “living in a nightmare”.

The 28-year-old receptionist for Sunrise Radio was horrifically attacked as she made her way to her childminders home in Geenford, West London on 16 November.

The mother-of-two was found by passer-bys in Braund Avenue, at the junction of Verulam Road.

She had suffered severe head injuries and her right hand was severed as she attempted to defend herself.

Geeta was rushed to Charing Cross Hospital where doctors battled to save her life. She was pronounced dead just hours later, with a post mortem revealing she died from severe head injuries.

Today officers returned to the scene of her murder to hand out leaflets appealing for further information as family members spoke for the first time since the horrific murder.

Her father, Lakhwinder Shinh and mother Nardesh, joined Geeta’s sister, Anita Shinh in appealing for anyone who helped her as she lay dying in Braund Avenue before paramedics arrived to contact police.

“We are here to plead for witnesses in assisting with the brutal murder of our daughter Geeta. The police have been doing all they can but we also need your help,” her devastated parents said.

“If anyone has seen anything we urge you to come forward and help find who is responsible. Although one person has been charged we still need witnesses to come forward and therefore plead for your help. The police have carried out numerous investigations but they need people who have seen something, or heard something, to come forward to help our daughter Geeta get justice.”

Geeta’s sister Anita said they are struggling to come to terms with the brutal murder.

She said: “It feels like we are living in a nightmare and we expect to wake up every day. It’s just a bad nightmare. We cannot believe this has happened in our community to one of our own family.

“It’s like something you see on TV. You can’t believe it’s happened to your family, to your mother, your sister, your brother. We can’t believe it. My younger brother is still in shock. We do not know what to do with ourselves, we can’t eat or sleep. Our only thought now is the children. We just want to be strong for the children.”

Geeta’s two boys, Tejdeep, eight, and Karam, 10, were waiting for their mother to pick them up for a childminders when she was attacked.

Miss Shinh, added: “We are mourning and distraught that we have lost such a beautiful, loving and caring person in our lives. Geeta had the biggest smile that melted everyone’s hearts and she was cruelly taken away leaving two gorgeous little boys who are without a mother.

“Listening to them asking for their mummy breaks our hearts’ and finding the words to tell them their mother is no more, well word’s cannot describe. When one boy asked “where is Mummy” I told him she is now the brightest star in the sky.”

Detective Chief Inspector Howard Groves of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command said police were eager to speak to anyone who helped Geeta as she lay dying, as well as anyone who knew Geeta personally.

“The investigation into Geeta’s murder continues and we are keen to trace any witnesses who may not previously have come forward and spoken to police,” he said. “We know that several people tried to help Geeta but left the scene before speaking to police, they may hold information vital to the enquiry and I would ask them to contact us straight away.

“I am also keen to speak anyone who was in the area prior to the attack and may have seen something or someone suspicious, again I would ask them to contact us in the strictest of confidence.

“We continue to build up a picture of Geeta’s life and would like to hear from anyone who knew her, or knew of her, who we have not already spoken to.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here