A suspected carbon monoxide leak in a house in Edgware, North London has caused the deaths of two men, aged 35 and 42, and five other people at the property were also taken to hospital have been discharged.

Rehka Chelvendra who owns the property, is under investigation over the deaths of two men.

Police have stated that the deaths are being treated as unexplained and post-mortem examinations are due to be carried out.

It is understood that Rehka Chelvendra, London based Lawyer and who is a partner at Brightstone Law, purchased the four-bedroom house in 2011.

Harrow council said, “We will be taking action against the landlord for operating an unlicensed HMO [house in multiple occupation]”.

38-year-old Manjula Vekaria lives opposite to this property. She told the media, “It came as a great shock to everyone, the two men moved in a few weeks ago. We were all home and saw ambulances, fire engines and police cars line up. Our friend popped out to see what was happening and was told to go back inside. He said he could smell the gas in the street. I am surprised, there was so many people living there and no one smelled it. It’s shocking


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here