San Carlo Group has announced it is to open a second dining concept at Selfridges in Birmingham. Gran Cafe, a patisserie, ice cream bar and cafe is set to open on 4th December and will be located on the lower ground floor of Selfridges in the Bullring.
Sure to be a haven for dessert lovers of all ages, Gran Cafe will serve a fun and enticing all day menu to eat in or take away, which will include:
- gourmet sandwiches, a range of freshly baked croissants, pastries and muffins
- freshly baked cakes from San Carlo’s own patisserie including its famous pistachio cake, tiramisu, mille feuille, fresh cream eclairs, cheesecake, individual fruit tarts and slices of gateaux
- An ice cream bar will serve San Carlo’s own luxury home made gelato and sorbets in an array of flavours from the more traditional vanilla, strawberry, mint choc chip and chocolate to salted caramel, amarena cherry, marscapone and fig and cookie dough and just for the festive season – orange and chocolate Baileys and gingerbread and caramel
- For the first time, San Carlo will serve its new range of indulgent, towering cake shake creations, made using its luxury gelato milk shake and piled high with cake chunks and toppings. Choices include the chocolate brownie and strawberry cheesecake. If a cake shake is a step too far, milkshakes and sundaes will also be on the menu.
- Cream tea or afternoon tea served with a choice of teas, champagne or Prosecco
- The drinks menu will include Prosecco, champagne, soft drinks, speciality teas, great Italian coffee and a range of hot chocolate choices
For the little ones
Children will be able to have fun building their own ice cream sundae at the table with toppings presented in bespoke mini artist palettes and there will be a choice of children’s drinks including juices and smoothies.
The latest opening from San Carlo Group follows hot on the heels of Fumo, the stylish restaurant, champagne and cocktail bar located on fourth at Selfridges, Birmingham. Fumo serves regional Italian inspired dishes to share or eat alone. Off to a flying start, Fumo opened in October to popular and critical acclaim.
MORE EXPANSIONS >>>>>
The award-winning Sabai Sabai restaurant is also opening its 4th site, on the same street as Fumo by the Premier Inn. Expect the same high level of Thai service and exquisite Thai food in a relaxed and intimate setting. Set over two floors, the place seats 60 and will be open for lunch and dinner.
Indian Brewery on Livery Street is also set to double in size as it expands into the adjacent site under Snow Hill train station. They are keeping the industrial feel and the arches and creating a vast new bar, ideal to sell all those fab Birmingham lagers and smoking mixed grills.