Three British Muslims have died in a coach crash in Saudi Arabia after the driver fell asleep at the wheel.
The bus, carrying Hajj pilgrims from Medina to Mecca hit a road barrier early on Saturday.
Saudi police revealed the driver of the coach had fallen asleep at the wheel moments before it crashed into a road barrier.
The Foreign Office have not revealed the names of the deceased but have confirmed they were all British citizens.
More than 30 others were also injured in the crash, which is believed to have affected pilgrims from Bolton, Leicester and London.
Gerard Russell, the British Consul-General in Saudi Arabia, said the names of the victims were known and next-of-kin had been informed.
“There is no need for any other people to worry that they may have had relatives who were killed in the crash,” he told Sky News.
“Some of the injuries are serious, most injuries are relatively minor, but obviously everybody is in a lot of shock.”
Around 25,000 Britons take part each year in the Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Islam’s holy sites in Mecca.
Last year, more than 300 people, including three from Britain, were killed in a stampede.