The discovery of the bacteria was made at a KFC branch in Martineau Place, Birmingham by researching from BBC One’s Rip Off Britain.
The findings were part of an investigation into food hygiene standards at a number of big name food outlets.
Researchers said that they only found small and harmless levels of bacteria.
In a proclamation KFC said it was “extremely disappointed” by the discovery and it had “immediately launched an investigation”.
KFC added they are undertaking “a retraining programme with all team members on our standards for touch point cleaning and procedures”.