Birmingham youth sports academy celebrated its 20 year that has been supporting & impacting the youth of Birmingham via football, mentoring, tutoring and vocational trips for the last 20 years. On Friday 13th May over 550 people got together at The Eastside Rooms in Birmingham to celebrate the milestone and the incredible achievements of BYSA.
Anwar Khattak BEM had a vision 20 years ago that has now become a vital community support initiative that provides football coaching to young people aged 6-18 and much more on and off the field. An incredible organisation that has changed many lives. To find out more visit: www.bysa.co.uk if you wish to get involved or meet the team of volunteers please get in touch.
The respect, love & support was in abundance for Anwar and what he has achieved, his passion & drive is commendable. Professor Paul Cadman and Jamil Shabir (BYSA co-chairs) honoured Anwar with a special award, a commissioned piece of art work made by Rachel from Akers of Art and also announced the future vision of the academy and developments. They congratulated all the volunteers, sponsors, ambassadors, supporters that have been a part of this journey and in attendance on the night an amazing milestone to be truly proud of.
The event consisted of headline, platinum, diamond and table partners who made the event a success, with entertainment, food, live sporting Memrobilia auction, BYSA Awards x4 and raffle items on the night to celebrate the 20th year, £20,000 was raised on the night
Anwar Khattak said: “Thanks to all involved in making this happen and special thanks to the following:
• Headline sponsors: Aston University and Pathway Group.
• Platinum sponsors: Bootcamp Media, insolvency & Rescue, South & City College, Steps to Work, Starting Point Recruitment and K legal solicitors.
• Diamond sponsors: Awan international, Big Johns, Doug Wright T/A Mc Donald’s, HSBC, Latifs and Equity Chambers.
• Ifraz & Anita for supporting the events management team and creating all the screen graphics from B Events Media which took us to the next level – to find out more visit: www.beventsmedia.co.uk.
• Ed James our compère who added magic to the evenings proceeds with his energetic hosting.
• Edwin Ladd our official bysa photographer who always does a great job and catches the special moments. see all the pics here: BYSA GALA DINNER PICS
• Manj from Purple Sqaure AV for the big screens, sound, lighting, sparklers, music and putting on a show and setting the scenes.
• Khaljit from Johals Catering for the amazing food, drinks, waiter service and presentation.
• Kev Orkian and Mike Osman for the comedian and impressionist acts.
Congratulations to all the award winners of the BYSA chairman’s awards which was throughly deserved for there voluntary work and making a difference:
– 2020 winner @moenawaz of @homelessone,
– 2021 winner @SunnyAraf of @ISA Foundation,
– 2022 winner @babarSaddiq of @AnzalBegumFoundation and a
special recognition award @wasim khan General Manager @ICC
Finally a huge thank you to all our table and media partners for attending showing your support and playing your parts in making the event.
On behalf of the entire BYSA team we thank you for coming and getting involve,d bigger and better next year. We look forward to seeing you #BYSA 2023″.