When do we collect data?
We may collect personal information from you when you do the following through our Websites:
- register as a user on one or more of our Websites;
- Fill in an online registration form for any of the services available on our Website, eg, chat areas, your Profile page, forums, shopping, advisory services, competitions etc
- provide content through our online communities;
- register to receive our newsletters; and
- contact us with a question or complaint.
- We may also collect information you give us over the telephone or in written or other communications.
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Websites, as described in the section headed “Cookies” below.
What personal information do we collect from you?
The personal information we may collect from you includes your:
- postal address;
- phone number (land line, mobile and fax);
- credit or debit card details; and
- email address.
- Social media handles (twitter, facebook, Instagram etc)
What do we do with your personal information?
When you give us any personal information as indicated above, we use your personal information to:
- enable you to use any services that we may from time to time provide through the Websites;
- enable you to become a registered user on one or more of our Websites;
- process your transaction, competition entry or subscription and correspond with you accordingly;
- provide you, in accordance with your communications preferences, with information about our events and services, our latest news which may be of interest to you;
- track activity on our Websites for market research purposes so that we can improve the usefulness and content of the Websites but, in carrying out such activity, we use the personal information in aggregate and on an anonymous basis;
- stop you posting or sending offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our Websites or where you otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Websites. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour; and
- for Website administration (including enabling us to respond to any comments on the Websites or feedback you may give us).
To who do we pass your personal information?
We may share personal information collected via the Websites within our organisation and with 3rd party organisations. We may also disclose personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.
International transfers of personal information
In relation to the above uses of your personal information and the above sharing arrangements, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for personal information as the DPA. In these circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the requirements of the DPA.
- Cookies are widely used tiny pieces of software (files) that are installed on a computer or mobile device when an individual visits a website.
- Windows Explorer, which is one of the main internet browsers, will usually store these files in a folder called ‘cookies’ in ‘documents and permissions’ on computers running Microsoft Windows.
- Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy.
you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
What types of cookies are there?
Broadly, there are 4 types of cookie:
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as ‘Google Analytics’.
- Functionality cookies. These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred settings and layout.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies. These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users’ behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services to users on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
Google Maps: SID, SAPISID, APISID, SSID, HSID, NID, PREF
Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.
|This cookie is a reference to a unique session ID set by our website code (PHP) for a current browsing session. No personal data is stored in it. The session is ended when a user’s browser is closed.
Google Analytics: __utma / __utmb / __utmc / __utmz
|Google Analytics to give us statistical data on the performance of our website. These cookies is placed by Google Analytics.
When you visit our website, you may notice some cookies that are collecting information for other websites. For example, if you visit a page that has video content, cookies from YouTube may be served. We do not control the setting of these cookies and we recommend you visit those third party websites for more information.
Please find a list of some third party cookies you may find present on our website and links to their specific cookie information:
Amending your cookie settings is straightforward, amending your settings is different in different browsers, we’ve included instructions on amending your settings in the most popular browsers below.
Linking to other websites
The Websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by our sponsors and third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Your right to see your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold on you and to have any errors in that information corrected. We may charge a small fee for such requests where this is permitted under applicable law You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information on compelling legitimated grounds. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details provided below.
How to contact us
Call us: 0121 314 2892
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us: The Asian Today Ltd, 6a Olton Wharf, Richmond Road, Solihull, Birmingham. B92 7RN