Welcome to The Asian Today website
The Asian Today is a free award-winning publication aimed at the south-Asian community. First printed in September 2002, the publication has gone from strength to strength, with a readership of well over 200,000 as well as a minimum circulation of 80,000 copies per calendar month.
We offer our readers an insight into top local stories, whether it is lifestyle, culture or hard-hitting news. We have led the way with exclusive news stories, many of which have been echoed by mainstream press. The Asian Today has continued to bring the most diverse and innovative news stories and features.
The Asian Today was created to inform, educate and enlighten the South-Asian community. We have established a loyal and extensive readership through which we have cemented an important position within the community.
Over the last 14 years, our commitment to the South-Asian community has led to us being recognised as the main facilitator of inter-faith and community relations within the West Midlands.
Since then, the paper has been nominated or won numerous awards, which include:
- Nominated: Outstanding Contribution to Society at the Institute of Asian Businesses Annual Dinner and Awards 2014
- Nominated: Community Excellence Award at the Black Country Asian Business Association Awards 2014
- Won: Best Publication of the Year at the Asian Media Awards 2013
- Nominated: Best Publication of the Year at the Asian Media Awards 2014
- Won: Best Publication of the Year at the UK Bhangra Awards 2014
- Won: Best Newspaper at the Pakistani Music & Media Awards 2015