Could you save someone’s life? Do you have a passion to deliver excellent patient care? Why not become a student Paramedic? To apply you must hold;
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C including English, Maths & Science. (Or nationally recognised equivalent)
- 1 level 3 qualification (2 x AS Level, 1 x A-level, BTEC/NVQ level 3 or recognised equivalent)
- A full UK Driving license with no more than 3 points
- A Provisional Category C1 on the license
You will receive
- A salary between £17,012 and £35,577 + 21-25% unsocial hours bonus
- NHS pension
- Learning throughout a 2.5 year programme
- Paramedic Education at one of our partner universities within the West Midlands where you will obtain a level 5 foundation degree In Paramedic Science
The West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust is currently under-represented by people from BME backgrounds and welcomes applicants from these communities. Selection will be on a basis of merit. To ensure the diversity of the workforce and understand the differing needs of our communities, the Trust is committed to the principles of Positive Action.
WMAS have a strong commitment to equality and diversity and aim to produce a fully inclusive workforce that is reflective of the community it serves. We encourage applications from under-represented groups through our policy of ‘positive action’.
Engagement Officer Daniele Brennan, has been recruited, to enable ‘positive action ‘recruitment guidance, to work around issues including, race and religion. Those applying who come from underrepresented groups will receive 1 on 1 help and guidance, to achieve employment within the West Midlands Ambulance Service.
- Student Paramedic recruitment is currently open and will be closing on 9th November 2017
- West Midlands Ambulance Service will be delivering an access course at the start of 2018 to support BME applicants through assessments
If you are considering becoming a Student Paramedic, will miss this deadline, or want further information on other careers, or wish to enquire about the access course, please register your interest by emailing Daniele.firstname.lastname@example.org