Saturday evening saw the third Birmingham Awards take place at the Edgbaston Stadium.
With over 450 people in attendance we brought together the very best individuals and organisations our glorious city has to offer for a night of honour, recognition and celebrating being proud and being brum. #BProud #BBrum
The Birmingham Awards was once again headline sponsored by Birmingham City University, alongside category sponsors Pathway Group, Riverdale Insurance & South & City College Birmingham.
Host Raaj Shamji, known for his flamboyance and infectious humour, and his eclectic band kept the guests entertained with their unique brand of wit, wonder and flair. They brought a sense of cabaret, zest and fun to the night that kept everything up and lively.
Live music was provided by the Walsall Wallaz and Beat Asylum, guests were also treated to a stunning performance from CircusMash.
Drinks were in full flow courtesy of our drinks sponsor NA Consulting and food was provided by Simply Mahirs. The delectable cuisine was perfectly fitting for a night celebrating the very best Birmingham has to offer.
Needless to say, when it came to the winners, the level of excitement and tension was palpable. Some of the most coveted awards and winners of the night included Brummie of the year which went to James Wong and Lifetime Achievement Award which was awarded to Tom Ross. The crowd moved to the after party after the awards was over, which saw yet more fun, laughs and partying.
The Birmingham Awards are grateful to all our judges for there hard work and commitment: Safaraz Ali, Tim Andrews, Judith Armstrong, Debbie Assinder, Paul Cadman, Tony Elvin and Ed James.
Finally a big thanks to all our sponsors and supporters including Headz Up Business, Tag Network Midlands,Vibrant Networks, Hollywood Monster, Hotel Du Vin, Visit Birmingham, Dluxe Magazine, Jas Sansi & Social Frames.
Next year’s Birmingham awards is already being planned and looks set to be even bigger, better and brighter – #BProud #BBrum
We look forward to seeing you all next year on 24th November 2018 at Edgbaston Stadium!
Click the link below for photos from the big night.
Jas Sansi: http://goo.gl/1e4zxM
Social Frames: http://www.tinyurl.com/brumawards17
Photo Booth: https://goo.gl/Fz7o89
List of Winners
1. Restaurant of the Year – CARTERS OF MOSELEY
2. Bar/Pub of the Year – THE PRINCE OF WALES MOSELEY
3. National Retailer of the Year – SELFRIDGES
4. Independent Retailer of the Year – J J RUDELL & CO
5. Art & Culture Award – CIRCUSMASH
6. Business of the Year – FRACINO
7. Small Business of the Year – LIGHTBOX DIGITAL
8. Businessman of the Year – SIMON WARD – INSPIRED THINKING GROUP
9. Businesswoman of the Year – REBECCA SIMKISS – SIMKISS GUY
10. Community Initiative/Charity – BIRMINGHAM MIND
11. Excellence in Media Award – BIRMINGHAM UPDATES
12. Sporting Initiative – BIRMINGHAM CITY LADIES FOOTBALL CLUB
13. Young Achiever – BEN FRANCIS – GYMSHARK
14. Venue of the Year- THE ICC
15. Social Enterprise – MISS MACAROON
16. Blogger of the Year – MEAT & ONE VEG
17. Contribution to Education – ASTON UNIVERSITY
18. Best Apprenticeship Employer Award – SEVERN TRENT
19. Professional of the Year – DEE KUNDI – VWV
20. Best use of Social Media or Marketing Campaign – SOUP TO NUTS
21. Judges Award – CONNECT DISTRIBUTION
22. Brummie of the Year – JAMES WONG
23. Lifetime Achievement – TOM ROSS